You are here
Payara Server vs GlassFish
How is Payara Server better than GlassFish?
- Regular, frequent releases – every 3 months you get a new and updated version of Payara Server with new bug fixes, patches and enhancements.
- Commercial support available, both for production and development, including 24/7 support with 1-hour response time for urgent production issues.
- Monthly patch release cycle for support customers, backed by emergency hot fixes to continually improve application security.
- Enhanced reporting and admin functions to create custom consoles or integrate with other JMX-based monitoring tools.
- Optimised for use in production: full web based admin console, supports rolling upgrades of Java EE apps, fully scriptable Command Line Interface, production support & more.
- Security, monitoring and DevOps features added, including Slow SQL Logging, Healthcheck Service, Asadmin Recorder and more.
- Support for modern cluster topologies through the use of Hazelcast.
- Docker support for rapid deployment of virtualised Java EE applications.
- Payara Micro for containerised application deployment.
- Vibrant community and high activity on the Payara GitHub Profile.