Get involved & help feed the fish!
- Payara Server is and always will be open source!
- We are open to your ideas and feedback.
- Fork It, Fix It and we'll pull it.
- If you find a bug, raise it on GitHub Issues
- If you have an idea for an awesome new feature, raise it on GitHub Issues.
- Take a look at our Jenkins CI server here
- Follow Payara and join the discussion on Twitter: @Payara_Fish & @payara_org
- And if you're still unsure what all that fuss is about, check out the Community Testimonials and see why people stick with Payara!
Become a contributor!
The Payara project is hosted on GitHub, allowing us to make use of the various tools GitHub has integrated for managing projects. GitHub also makes allowing the community access to view and edit the source code very easy and public.
- We make use of the Fork and Pull model. This means that if you want to make any changes, you'll need to fork the Payara project and make your changes in your own repository. You will then need to create a pull request back into the Payara project's master branch to merge your changes into the main project.
- Before we merge your pull request though, you must read and sign the Individual Contributor License Agreement (CLA) before sending it to us at the address specified on the document, or as an email attachment to email@example.com
- Once we've received the CLA and checked it for any mistakes, we'll allow any pull requests you've made to start being merged.
- All contributors who send us their signed Contributor License Agreements will receive a special Payara goodie bag!
In most cases, pull requests will not be merged immediately. This is to allow the Payara team, and other members of the community, to review and deliberate over any of the changes made; we will typically wait 5-10 days before merging any pull requests.
Support Customers' Contribution
Using Payara Support is also a vital form of contribution towards Payara Server development. Payara Services Limited, the supplier of commercial support, is a major contributor to the development and engineering effort of the Payara Server open source project and the Payara Foundation - we would not be able to make the continuous improvements to Payara Server without their help! To find out more about Payara commercial support download the brochure from Payara Services' website.
All Payara official Contributors and Customers receive complimentary 'Payara Goodie Bags'.
You can also buy some cool Payara Stickers via StickerMule Marketplace here.
Payara T-shirts should be available for sale soon, so watch this space!
'Payara Server is surrounded by vibrant community, nice engineers and capable support.' Adam Bien
Latest news from Payara Foundation
Nov 15, 2017
Our last release of 2017 - Payara Server/Micro 22.214.171.124 - is now available for download! The final public release for this year contains over 100 bug...
Aug 16, 2017
Payara Server and Payara Micro 126.96.36.199 are now available for download! With 58 bug fixes, 30 improvements, 2 security fixes and 5 component upgrades...